Athletes from Regina and surrounding areas are welcome to try-out for QCVC teams.
- Evaluations for 14U – 18U athletes that would like to be considered for the 2019/20 Club Season will be on October 20 (14U-15U) and November 24, 2019 (16U-18U). 13U will take place on December 8, 2019. Our most recent evaluation schedule can be found here: 2019 Evaluation Schedule.
- Depending on the total number of athletes registered, QCVC may schedule additional sessions. QCVC will contact you with a specific evaluation date, time and location if you are asked to attend an additional session.
- Registration for evaluations for our 13U-18U Royal Program will open September 6, 2019. You will need to register at Royal Program Evaluations 2019/20 prior to evaluations. There is a $10 charge for evaluations.
- Registration for 13U evaluations will close on December 5, 2019
- Registration for 14U and 15U evaluations will close on October 18, 2019
- Registration for 16U-18U evaluations will close on November 21, 2019
- In order to be considered for the Royal Purple or Royal Black teams, attendance on the first day of evaluations is required.
- Each age division will have a separate tryout time (TBD). Please ensure you register for the appropriate time for your age group.
QCVC Underage Athlete Policy
** QCVC requires athletes to register for tryouts in their correct age class**
QCVC encourages athletes to compete in their proper age class to ensure adherence to the LTAD model and the QCVC curriculum. In special cases, the club may choose to offer a roster spot to an underage athlete (ex: a 16u athlete is offered a roster spot on the 17u team). The club will initiate this process with the athlete at tryouts, after discussion between QCVC head coaches of the involved age classes.
If an athlete registers for the incorrect age class, an email will be sent informing the athlete that their registration will be moved to the correct age class and that they should plan to attend the proper tryout.
2019-2020 Age Classes
13U: Sept 1, 2006 – Dec 31, 2007
14U: Sept 1, 2005 – Dec 31, 2006
15U: Sept 1, 2004 – Dec 31, 2005
16U: Sept 1, 2003 – Dec 31, 2004
17U: Sept 1, 2002 – Dec 31, 2003
18U: Sept 1, 2001 – Dec 31, 2002
For Athletes born September – December:
Volleyball Canada has designated a 16-month span for each age class. As a result, athletes born between the months of September and December who are eligible for two age classes are encouraged to register for the age class they deem most appropriate for themselves. At tryouts, head coaches of each age class will discuss athletes born in these months to ensure they are evaluated and placed appropriately.