Athletes from Regina and surrounding areas are welcome to try-out for QCVC teams (Royal Elite and Royal Program).
- Registration for evaluations is open. The links are posted below. There will be a fee when registering for evaluations.
- QCVC will not accept athletes without prior registration.
- In order to be considered for the Royal Purple team, attendance on the first day of evaluations is required.
- Each age division will have a separate tryout time (TBD). Please ensure you register for the appropriate time for your age group.
- For the Royal program, evaluators and/or coaches will rate the skills of each of the athletes based on what they see during evaluations. We do our best to place every athlete on to a team in the Royal program. The number of athletes and available coaches will determine number of teams. It is possible that we may not be able to place every athlete on a team. Registration can be made here: Royal Program Evaluations
- For the Elite program, applications are required. Coaches will review the received applications and will determine if a try-out is necessary. Because the Elite program is based on try-outs, cuts may happen. Applications closed September 30, 2021.
QCVC Underage Athlete Policy
** QCVC requires athletes to register for tryouts in their correct age class**
QCVC encourages athletes to compete in their proper age class to ensure adherence to the LTAD model and the QCVC curriculum. In special cases, the club may choose to offer a roster spot to an underage athlete (ex: a 16u athlete is offered a roster spot on the 17u team). The club will initiate this process with the athlete at tryouts, after discussion between QCVC head coaches of the involved age classes.
If an athlete registers for the incorrect age class, an email will be sent informing the athlete that their registration will be moved to the correct age class and that they should plan to attend the proper tryout.
2021-2022 Age Classes
18U Sept 2003 – Dec 31, 2004
17U Sept 2004 – Dec 31, 2005
16U Sept 2005 – Dec 31, 2006
15U Sept 2006 – Dec 31, 2007
14U Sept 2007 – Dec 31, 2008
13U Sept 2008 – Dec 31, 2009
For Athletes born September – December:
Volleyball Canada has designated a 16-month span for each age class. As a result, athletes born between the months of September and December who are eligible for two age classes are encouraged to register for the age class they deem most appropriate for themselves. At tryouts, head coaches of each age class will discuss athletes born in these months to ensure they are evaluated and placed appropriately.